Here is a program designed for the summer. The time spent in the gym is minimal and meant to get you functionally strong. The program incorporates running outside, so hopefully you’re already comfortable with that but if not – don’t worry. The distances can be modified to gradually get you running more.
It’s a program I will use to train for the Tough Mudder and those of you on the No Shortcuts team can expect to confidently tackle the obstacle course by following this program. If you’re looking for a team to join, we’re welcoming members! And now you have a way to get in shape for it. For anyone else who just wants a training program, look no further!
Here’s what to expect:
- Build lean muscle and full-body strength
- Improved cardiovascular capacity
- Effective time spent at the gym (no need to spend 5 days/week cooped up inside a gym when the sun is shining)
- Ability to climb, crawl under and smash your way past 10 miles of obstacles
- A 6-pack of abs in August or the faint beginnings of one (given the right nutritional food plan)